Services for Families
Do you have concerns about your child’s speech, language or communication?
Skyward provides a dedicated service to improve and develop the speech, language and communication skills of all children, including those who do not meet the NHS threshold for referral or intervention.
Skyward therapists provide specific support to develop a wide range of speech, language and communication skills.
We can help with
- Speech sound delay
- Speech sound impairment
- Verbal dyspraxia
- Attention and listening difficulties
- Early language delay
- Developmental language disorder
- Language delay
- Language impairment including those associated with dyslexia
- Social communication difficulties
- The diagnostic process for Asperger’s Syndrome and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
Children can be seen in their own home or within their educational setting or sometimes a combination of the two.
Skyward therapists work together with parents, school staff and other professionals, to enable a collaborative, child-centred and fun approach to intervention - maximising the potential for progress.
Our services include:
- Initial assessment / screening / observation
- We provide a variety of advice including summaries or detailed reports, reports for diagnosis, school transition, Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) reports.
- Individualised therapy treatment plans.
- 1:1 therapy
- Group therapy intervention for language; vocabulary; listening and attention; social communication and social thinking.
- We can guide parents or pre-school and school staff delivering our own or NHS therapy plans by modelling activities and providing training and coaching.
- Review sessions after a break in therapy
- Attendance at meetings.
- Meetings with parents.
- Liaison with other professionals.
If you have any concerns about your child’s speech, language or communication needs, please contact us for a free telephone consultation - we are positive that we can help.